The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is fighting for a life unlimited for everyone affected by cystic fibrosis. Our mission is to create a world where being born with CF no longer means a lifelong burden of care and an early death, when everyone living with the condition will be able to look forward to a long, healthy life.
Fighting for a Life Unlimited™
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a life-limiting condition that makes it difficult to breathe, causes vulnerability to infection and restricts your ability to fulfil your ambitions. Medication, physiotherapy and general health all have to be taken into account when planning the simplest activity, and being unwell frequently interferes with work and education. But we're fighting to overcome all those hurdles – and more!
- being able to breathe freely
- ·no more fear of picking up deadly bugs from other people with cystic fibrosis
- having the same opportunities as everyone else
- spontaneity: being able to do what you want, when you want and not being constrained by appointments, insurance or medication
- being able to attend school, college and university and getting the grades you deserve
- being able to make the choices you want to make and living your own life to the full
Unlimited means everyone with CF being able to live a long, healthy life, and taking control of their destiny.
Who are we?
Meet the team – find out who our execs, Patron and President are.
Annual review and accounts - take a look at our financial activities and impact.
Current vacancies – explore opportunities to join our team.
Press enquiries – get in touch with us about publicity.
How are we making a Life Unlimited a reality?
We are achieving great things. Since launching our vision for a Life Unlimited, we have announced a number of projects to help us achieve it. These include:
- more innovative and impactful research programmes that accelerate breakthrough science and therapeutics
- a ground-breaking Clinical Trials Accelerator Platform to inform the CF community about how to take part in the clinical trials needed to ensure new drugs reach the shelves, and to support CF centres in recruiting suitable participants for these trials
- greater support to CF clinical teams in the NHS and improvements in the way care is delivered, as well as continuing support to attract new talent into the field of CF care
- better information, support and advice that enables even more people with CF to make the right choices for them at all stages of their lives, and
- increasingly high-impact campaigns for change, particularly on fair access to new medicines that have the potential to transform the lives of people affected by cystic fibrosis.
Find out more about the work we do.
How can you help us achieve this vision?
The whole CF community is a part of this vision. You can help us keep up the momentum by giving your time, your money and your voice to help shape a new future where everyone born with cystic fibrosis can look forward to a life unlimited by their condition.